Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blogging?

Well fellow bloggers, I am gonna give this blogging thing a try. I can see that chronicling ones life has become more like therapy to most of you than it is a hobby. I wonder where blogging will take me and what adventures I may have doing so?

First of all some of you may be wondering ( or maybe not) why I chose the blog name of "The Croatian"? I chose this moniker because; first I am a Croatian American, second this is the name of my under construction website and third this will be the name of the restaurant/bakery I am planning on opening in the next year or two. Presently I am attending a local community college to obtain certifications in Professional Baking, Personal Chef and Culinarian/Cook. I am maintaining a 4.0 GPA so far and only have one class left for both the Baking and the Personal Chef cert. I have two more classes to finish for the Culinarian.

This is a new path in my life. After retiring at age 51 from the police department with 28 years of service, I realized it was now my time to go back to school and hone my skills. I have always been a great cook and a better than average baker. I have a vision of bringing delicacies from that region of the world (Croatia) to this area. Seeing how Ohio has one of the third largest Croatian populations in the U.S., first is Illinois and then following by Pennsylvania. The Cleveland area has a large population of people from Croatia, but only a handful of truly Croatian Restaurants and Bakeries.

Time to go...Mary Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment